Monday, August 11, 2008

Some inspiration for craft and life...

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern,
--it will come out a rose by and by.
Life is like that ... one stitch at a time,
taken patiently, and the pattern will come out..."

-
Oliver Wendell Holmes -
This small excerpt applies to many aspects of my life. As I stitch through the various seasons of my life, or even each day of the week, God is overseeing the overall pattern. If I begin my day with prayer and put my trust in him my pattern will 'come out' in the end.

As for the various projects I have going I know that if I just get a bit done at a time, in the end my project will be finished. I love the feeling of a finished product! I recently accumulated projects from around the house and have placed them in a project 'tub'. They're all packaged in there with the various things that I need to complete them so when I do have that moment I can grab it. The tricky part is though is to recognise the opportunity and take it.

To all you lovely readers happy stitching.... whatever that may mean to you.

Ruth
xo

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...thanks for that Ruth. That's a great idea too! I have all my unfinished projevcts in bags, but not all together, I like it....it would have to be a pretty big tub though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...