Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sick days and Gratitude

It has been a seriously crazy week and a half here.

Firstly we had Sarah and Hannah come down with the flu and 4 days later Olivia and Jessica catch it.  It was a shocking flu!  Olivia and Jessica were hit particularly bad.  None of my kids have never been so sick before!  The annoying thing was that just when they were starting to look like they were on the mend their temperatures would shoot up again well into the 39s.

Last Monday morning was the worst I have experienced and I was right on the edge of my seat wanting to take Olivia to hospital.  I knew that if I could get her temperature down she would be ok, but it was early and we had to wait for the chemist to open to buy more panadol.  Olivia was hallucinating and seeing all sorts of things in the room.  We can laugh now about the things she was saying but at the time it was scary.

At one point Olivia was telling off Sarah for being in her way of the TV - we had neither a TV or Sarah in the room!  Other things she said was "I don't know how Daddy can balance on the roof", and "look at the big rings on the wall", "wow, look at the big snake mummy", and "I have ants on my socks!" Once we got some panadol into her it was only about 5-10 minutes until she was making sense again (and I was a shakey nervous wreck!)

Anyway, since seeing this quote a few months ago I began a gratitude journal - just one line a day.
And since there is always, always, always something to be grateful for, here's what I wrote last week:


-  It's only the flu
-  Mum and Dad calling several times a day to check on the girls.
-  Our awesome family doctor who understands and communicates well.
-  Downton Abbey (Thanks Kylee!)
-  For panadol, neurofen and vicks
-  Mel's lemon meringue blessing
-  Good old family favourite Honey Rissoles and ice-skating in the city
-  Josh's helpfulness
-  A pastor not concerned with popularity but our salvation
-  The smell of Coco Chanel perfume throughout the house since Jess broke the bottle on the tiles!

So if you're looking for me this week - I'll be disinfecting everything :)

Have a wonderful week!








1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear the girls have been sick.. I'm glad they are on the mend. I'm having a day at home and have just spent some time catching up on your blog. As I read your blogs, especially the ones about your children, I can't help but think what a wonderful mother you are. The way the girls love Jesus and are so caring about each other and others is a reflection of all you and Josh give to them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...