Monday, April 21, 2008

Terrific and Torturous!

Here's a thought running through my head as I go about my usual Monday chores of getting the house back in order.
~
The world is full of women blindsided
by the unceasing demands of motherhood,
still flabbergasted by how a
job can be terrific and torturous.
Anna Quindlen
~
How true! I've heard of people trying to decide on the salary a mother should receive due to the many 'hats' she must wear throughout any one (24 hour) day...chef, teacher, nurse, house keeper, property manager, taxi, social worker, shift worker... the list goes on!! Some times I feel like I'm literally going insane trying to do all the above and sometimes at the same time! But really, there are some things that money can't buy! Whilst the task is daunting, and at times 'torturous' how wonderful it is to watch them play or sleep, to be the only one they want when they're hurting, to be told you're their favourite Mummy, the sloppy kisses and the greetings when they run into our arms. I'll clean toilets, wash clothes and sweep up crumbs for that :) It's priceless!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...