Monday, September 20, 2010

Mixed feelings....

It's been a very busy past few weeks here. We have been very busy selling our first home (of 10 years) and buying a home with a little more room for our growing family. I have very mixed feelings: Happy and excited of course about our new home but sad about what we're leaving behind.

Our old home has been perfect for our needs the past 10 years and the garden has been a major part of our family life. Our large deck has been used all ye
ar round and is blissful on a beautiful spring day such as
today! The kids have grown particularly attached to certain trees and will miss our wonderful neighbours on all three sides! Our blossoms are all in full bloom and the garden is looking the best it ever has! The camellia's I've planted have taken off for the first time ever! I feel a bit sentimental about leaving the garden but not so much th
e house. I feel it's time to move on.

It's been such a quick spare of the moment decision! One day as I was standing in the girls room and planning how I would fit them in, it dawned on me that I could not do it without putting the two youngest in the same double bed. That was about the beginning of our very short house hunt! We visited only about 10 houses in total and found our new home that suited our needs perfectly. We put our house on the market that same week and it was sold in about 10 days!

More on the move later....

Hope you're enjoying this beautiful spring day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...