Monday, July 23, 2012

Mermaid cake - inspiration

I just thought I'd share some inspiration for a cake I am making this week for a very good friend.  I have no idea how it will turn out but I guess time will tell! 

I love the simplicity of this first cake.  At this stage I am planning on making the mermaid figurine from fondant and sitting her on top.

Source - This whole mermaid party and turquoise colour scheme is beautiful!  

I love the ombre effect of the ruffles in this cake!  The cake I am making is not this big so I'm imagining this one without the bottom layer.

Source - Another beautiful turquoise mermaid party!

Here is one of the cute fondant mermaid figurines I found on the Internet.  I like her hair and cute face.    

Here is another fondant mermaid figurine.  I like the idea of her sitting on the rock with the sea things around.


I also found a few useful tutorials on the Internet:

How to make fondant ruffle from here.
How to make a fondant face from here.  I think the scariest part of this cake is going to be trying to get a face that does not look freaky!  

I made this cake a few years ago for Hannah so I will use similar techniques for the hair and body. It is from Debbie Browns book Enchanting Magical Cakes


So this is my exciting project for the week!  I'd love to hear what exciting project you're doing :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...