Friday, August 3, 2012

Little Red Cardigan

I love dressing my little ones in red, especially from around 9 months until they are about 3 years old!  The three youngest have all looked especially cute in red with their big brown eyes!

For about the past few months I have been searching for a little red cardigan for Jessica to go with a few of her outfits.  I tried so many stores but couldn't find one.  The sales assistants kindly told me red is not in!

Anyway, I logged onto Ravelry and searched for a pattern - I was going to make my own.  I found this perfect and easy pattern.  Mum gave me some cream wool to practice with and I got started.

The very next day while sorting through the too big, too small clothes I found the red cardigan Jess is wearing in the pictures!  I didn't even know I had it.  I have seen it before but do not remember any of the girls wearing it and it's definitely a home-made hand knit :)

So, I continued with the cream cardigan and have spent almost every spare minute with a pair of needles in my hand!  I only have the sleeves to go now and then I'll be looking for another pattern to make a navy cardigan :)




I had no idea how addicting knitting is!  Hopefully I will get it finished and take some pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...