Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mermaid Cake Topper

I have been wanting to try and make a fondant figurine for a while but have been worried that it would end up looking scary!  I am so pleased with how this fondant mermaid turned out!  
I ended up making this one up as I went as the tutorials I had were not quite what I wanted.  

I can see plenty of flaws and have learned so much along the way but I am thrilled with how it turned out.  


This little cutie here in the bottom picture was with me the whole time!  At one point she was wiggling around saying "I'm so excited!", I asked her why, considering it wasn't for her. "I'm excited to be watching you!"  SO sweet.  She tells me all the time she wants to be a cake decorator.  You never know....

I'm thinking I would like to try another one but I will need a spare 4 hours!!  Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...