Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mermaid Ruffle Cake

I just wanted to share the whole mermaid ruffle cake here which I created for a friend's little girl. I have had it ready to share for a while but just haven't been able to get a chance to blog!

This cake has been one of my favourites and like every cake I make it  presented me with new challenges.  This was the first time I have done fondant ruffles on a cake and I was impressed with how easy they were once I managed to get a hang of them.  The ombre effect was also very easy and a lot of fun!



(I have entered the cake into a competition at Latorta hence the card there...)





This is the cake at the party!  The entire party had an underwater theme with so many clever ideas.    My friend is into the party planning, bonboneire and photography buisness so If you're in Canberra and are interested in using her service just leave a comment and we can get in touch.



I hope you have a wonderful week! 





2 comments:

  1. Omg I'm in awe! I love your creativity and talent, this mermaid cake is by far the best I have seen on the Internet, and I have been searching for one over a month now. My nieces birthday it's Ariel's theme and I will be making her the cake. I love how you made the ruffles can you share with us how to accomplish this? I'm good with fondant, just can't thing how you created this beautiful look! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... gorgeous Ruth!!! You never cease to amaze me with your cakes. Good luck in the competition.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...