Monday, December 10, 2012

Two more cakes

I still have not had a chance to get the girls' stocking made but I have made another mermaid cake for one of Olivia's Sunday School friends!

One thing I've learnt is that cakes certainly are a labour of love.  Josh has encouraged me many times to go into the cake making business but like many crafts I do not think that anyone would pay for the many hours they take to make.






Here is another cake I made last month for a friends 21st.  This one was a bit of a challenge because the birthday girl did not want chocolate mud cake.  This cake is a carrot with cream cheese frosting.  I had to decorate this cake last minute because the cream cheese frosting needed refrigeration but you can not refrigerate fondant.  Another problem was getting the frosting to look fairly white because the longer you leave the frosting the more the yellow buttery colour comes through.  I really need to find a source for white butter.




Here's a picture from the party.  It makes me smile :)  It was a freezing cold late spring night and my girls all managed to find a knee to snuggle on.  Jessica was not keen sitting on the birthday girls'  knee! Nothing unusual for Jessie though!

Anyway, two weeks to Christmas now!!!  I hope you're enjoying the Christmas season!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...